Saturday, March 5, 2011

2011

* declutter: my apartment is TINY as it is. All those extra piles of unworn and unwanted clothing aren't contributing to my sense of zen. In fact the clutter in my room is slowly crushing in on my mind. So cull, list on ebay and try to recoup some lost cash. And don't spend that cash as soon as it's in my paypal!

* destress: I've never made much of an effort in the past to monitor my stress levels. This year I aim to do a little yoga first thing in the morning and again in the evening. A few times a week a hot, relaxing bath. A few minutes in the morning curled on the couch in the soft autumn light with a hot cup of tea. And each night before bed a half hour with a good book and beautiful, fragrant candle.

* decide: no more running in circles considering the same options over and over. Go with your gut feeling. Do what will make you happy (rather than what might look marginally more appealing on your cv). Don't waste time. If you know what you want, get it.

No comments: