Saturday, March 26, 2011

A beautiful day

It's grey outside and there is a slight chill in the air. On and off through out the day the rain has fallen lightly. I think Autumn is finally getting its stride! I love this time of year, I can't wait until the leaves start to turn. Maybe it's bizarre that whilst for most people this weather would be a topic of complaint, I feel strangely comforted by it. It makes me think of beautiful grand lounges (upholstered in brocade with the kind of arms that curl around), snuggly crocheted blankets, hot tea and the soft winter light that streams through the window. It makes me think of winter white, barren landscapes, the mist that obscures the sun and the moon, and cold, dark steel. Or maybe it stems from my love of Wuthering Heights and all things gloom and doom.




No comments: